Monday, February 9, 2009

I Think I'm Mad, I think I'm Mad

My mind has been wondering a lot recently. I've decided My mind is much like nuclear energy; when used within its intended parameters and intentions perfectly safe and beneficial for all. However when used irresponsibly without boundaries as has been the case recently the results can be disastrous. I will take you on a journey of my realization that the railroad ruined the west coast. Stay with me because it all starts with Tienanmen Square Man and Penguins.

After seeing, for a split second, the famous image of the man standing in front of the tank in Tienanmen Square. My next thought was what if instead of a man it was a penguin, or a turtle. How less important, but more funny does that image become. So I tried it out with much help from the internet, and I liked it so I threw it up on my blog header.

How do Penguins in the arctic feel about the Penguins at Sea World in sunny California? At first I thought they were surely jealous. The weather and the lady penguins are probably strutting around with a little less fur or some penguin sexy equivalent right?

A half hour or so later-yes I thought about it this much-I have come to the realization that Arctic Penguins feelings about Southern California Penguins probably are the same as my Human feelings about Southern California Humans. (Beware gross generalizations are forthcoming and probably some hurt feelings. I am speaking at nobody directly. To be honest my generalizations are mostly based on watch the Hills with the wife.)

I determined that neither of the two Penguins identify with the other. Southern Cal Penguin thinks Arctic Penguin is crazy for living up in the freezing cold walking around in a giant circle so that his internal organs don't freeze. Conversely the Arctic Penguin takes one look at Southern Cal Penguin and knows that he isn't living in the real Penguin world. They are living a life that very few get to live, and have little to no idea of the consequence that await them for failing to act like a proper Penguin.

Getting over to the West Coast wasn't like going for a hike at Multnomah Falls. If you survived it was because you were tough as nails. Luck had a hand in it, but it dind't matter how lucky you were, if you were as dumb as some people seem to be today you weren't getting to the rockies. Only the tough ones made it out here and the Midwest and Mountain States took care of everyone else.

Even if you were dumb and really lucky, luck runs out and you die when you don't know how to hunt, or farm.

Then they find gold and suddenly there is tons of wealth in California, and the richies want to get over there, but not the hard way. Then comes the freaking railroad! Letting any rich wimp buy a ticket and come on over and wuss the place out. This is where my distaste towards California comes from. Worse yet on this journey I found out that there was somebody I am more dissatisfied with; Thomas the Train.

I had a childhood filled with positive memories of Thomas the Train and now after 30 minutes he's dead to me! The mind is man's worst enemy.

0 comments: