Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sun Burns Are Nothing to Laugh at...

But the lines it leaves behind are. My Wife got sunburned pretty bad on Saturday. What makes this even more spectacular is that I (who can get a sunburn in the dead of night!), did not get sunburned. Mostly due to the three layers of SPF 50 I applied. I wanted to take a picture of her sunburn but her reception of my request was surprisingly very negative. I upped the ante and offered to do the dishes in turn for the picture. This offer was so poorly received that I ended up doing the dishes anyways. So instead I give you the picture below. Disturbing? Yes. Do I chuckle a little bit when I look at it? You betcha! Three reasons...

1. Was there anybody in this Woman's life who saw what was going on and tried to help her. I can't help but wonder if they have interventions for this sort of thing. This isn't something that happens over night. There are warning signs like applying SPF 4, or taking a vacation to Alaska in the winter and returning with a tan.

2. This picture shows that the best sunscreen protection available is clothes. If you want to take this image a step further I'm willing to bet that woman doesn't have a tan line on her which means it is more than likely some people have seen that walking around a beach naked. YUCK!

3. It would be interesting to see if you could make a wallet or maybe even some boots out of that skin. That was very "Buffalo Bill" of me but seriously It puts the lotion on its skin...please

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahem...I think you left out a significant component to the story: The major lines are on my chest region, due to poor application of sunscreen around my bikini top. Hence, not willing to allow you to take/post photos. Your welcome, people!

Anonymous said...

skin care and rejuvenation treatment is important for your skin's health and overall wellness.

Anonymous said...

how did you get burned like that? damnnn, i'm sorry!

Anonymous said...

gotdamn biych...im srry but wow dat look lik sumthinq Prada would use to make a handbaq wit..looksz dangerous seriously dass not gud u needa b carful and layer in sunscreen next time