Saturday, August 23, 2008

What the Drop in Gas Prices Feels Like

I was driving back home with my wife from the story yesterday and I saw a gas station selling gas for $3.83 a gallon. My feelings about the lower price bothered me.

It is kinda like if one day my nemesis, the one I'm going to hire from craigslist, came up to me and punched me in the groin. Then the next day he came up to me again and punched me in the groin. He would do this everyday and everyday I would know I was going to get punched in he groin no matter what I did. He wouldn't even sneak up behind me, there would be no need for such stealth because there would be nothing I could do to stop it.

Until one day my nemesis comes up to me and punches me in the stomach. I would double over, (as I usually did when being struck) unfold and smile. My face would light up and my excitement over not being punched in the groin would boil over. I would be inspired to yell out, to no one in particular, words of pure elation. I would hug complete strangers.

What bothers me about this is that I'm still getting the crap kicked out of me. The only thing that has changed is that I'm excited about it now.

The post about my Wife and the Fair is coming soon. I'm working out publishing rights on some photos as well now. She's one tough cookie.

0 comments: